5% Natural Iodine from Seaweeds
OrgaVitaz-I is an extract of Seaweed Kelp standardize for 5% Natural Iodine. Laminaria species reports highest Iodine content compared to Porphyra, Sargassuma and other edible seaweeds. Dried Laminaria digitata has naturally 25mg/gm of Iodine.
Kelp has been a staple vegetable in East Asian countries and it’s quickly becoming part of a healthy, balanced diet for a large number of Americans as well. This seaweed is effective in weight loss, supports thyroid health, has been proven to reduce the risk of many forms of cancer and even keeps your bones strong.
5mg of OrgaVitaz-I offers 100% RDA of Natural Iodine from Kelp. Fucoxanthins and other nutrients of Kelp helps weight loss and improved liver function.
The thyroid gland actively absorbs iodine from the blood to make and release thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3) into the blood. Thyroid hormones play a basic role in biology, acting on gene transcription to regulate the basal metabolic rate.
- Iodine influences the functioning of thyroid glands by assisting in the production of hormones, which are directly responsible for controlling the body’s base metabolic rate.
- Iodine also plays an important role in maintaining optimal energy levels of the body by ensuring the efficient utilization of calories, without allowing them to be deposited as excess fats.
- health benefits of iodine include the formation of healthy and shiny skin, teeth, and hair. It also speeds up hair growth and increases follicle strength.
- Iodine in pregnant women is essential to prevent stillbirths or neurocognitive conditions like cretinism in the newborn babies.
- Iodine is a scavenger of free hydroxyl radicals, it also stimulates and increases the activity of antioxidants throughout the body to provide a strong defense.